Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
Before School Drop-off
- Students arriving earlier than 8:25 a.m. should be enrolled in the Before School Care Program.
- Passenger vehicles are prohibited from entering the bus loop between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. on school days. We respectfully ask that you please obey this rule. School buses must have right of way and are severely hindered when passenger vehicles are trying to exit the entrance area of the bus loop or are blocking the bus parking zones in the bus loop. Buses are also in the loop between 3:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. and we ask that passenger vehicles stay out at that time as well.
- Please do not use the Hungarian Church parking lot at any time for either pick up or drop off purposes. We have been reminded to respect private property. For safety reasons, please avoid dropping children off along West 5th Street.
- The Immanuel Church parking lot is available for parents dropping off their children. The gate will be opened and children can walk along the paved path to the school. They should walk directly to their play area without going through the school. (Exceptions can be made for JK and SK children in September.) We will have a supervisor waiting at the church gate and she will escort the children to the school at about 8:45 a.m.
After School Pick-up
- All parents who pick up their children from school are asked to pick them up at the Immanuel Christian Reformed Church's parking lot before 3:40 p.m. Students in grades K-3 will be led by a teacher to the soccer field gate at the church parking lot. Parents with children in grades K-3 should exit their cars and be waiting to meet their children at this gate. Grades 4-8 students will proceed to their vehicles on their own but with caution. This parking lot is not a play ground: no playing ball or tag.
- The parking duty teacher will remain at the church lot until all children are picked up. If the parent is late, your child will return to the school and wait in the front foyer. If you are very late, your child will be enrolled into the After School Care Program.
- Parents are asked to park their vehicles in the designated parking places at the church, but park in such a way to avoid having to back out after the children arrive.
- Please respect the signs and arrows on the church parking lot regarding entrance and exit lanes.
- It is important that parents inform the office well ahead of dismissal time if pick up arrangements made with their children have to be altered.
- For your information, the soccer field gate is locked from 9:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m.