Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
- Students arriving earlier than 8:25 a.m. should be enrolled in the Before School Care Program.
- Passenger vehicles are prohibited from entering the bus loop between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. on school days. We respectfully ask that you please obey this rule. School buses must have right of way and are severely hindered when passenger vehicles are trying to exit the entrance area of the bus loop or are blocking the bus parking zones in the bus loop. Buses are also in the loop between 3:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. and we ask that passenger vehicles stay out at that time as well.
- Please do not use the Hungarian Church parking lot at any time for either pick up or drop off purposes. We have been reminded to respect private property. For safety reasons, please avoid dropping children off along West 5th Street.
- The Immanuel Church parking lot is available for parents dropping off their children. The gate will be opened and children can walk along the paved path to the school. They should walk directly to their play area without going through the school. We will have a supervisor waiting at the church gate for students in JK and SK. The supervisor will escort the children to the school at about 8:45 a.m.
Pick-up (Park in the Immanuel Church parking lot)
- Enter the school grounds via the gate between Immanuel and Calvin. Wait on the south end of the school property (soccer field) for your child(ren) to come out of the school building.
a) When you see your child walk out of the school building connect with him/her and exit the school property via the gate you entered earlier.
b) If necessary, children are to remain on the south end of the soccer field until a parent arrives.
c) Teachers will be looking to make sure tat each child is accompanied by an adult when exiting through the gate to the church parking lot.
d) Children should be supervised by an adult while walking in the church parking lot.
- Keep the sidewalk clear so that families can enter and exit the property, especially those with strollers.
- JK and SK students will be waiting on the sidewalk, along the fence, with their teachers. This allows for quick and easy pick up of the youngest children.
- Be extra cautious when walking to your car in the Immanuel Church parking lot.
- It is important to also supervise your younger (non-CCS) children while you wait and before you exit the school grounds. We are concerned for their safety, particularly while climbing trees or back stops, and engaging in rough play. Please ensure that your children refrain from these activities.
- The parking duty teacher will remain at the church lot until all children are picked up. If you are late, your child will return to the school and wait in the front foyer. If you have not arrived after 10 minutes, your child(ren) will be enrolled into the After School Care Program.
- Please respect the signs and arrows on the church parking lot regarding entrance and exit lanes.
- It is important that parents inform the office well ahead of dismissal time if pick up arrangements made with their children have to be altered.
- For your information, the soccer field gate is locked from 9:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m.