Saturday, May 28
Thank you for participating in the CCS Walk-a- thon/Bike-a- thon this year!
NEW THIS YEAR
Participants will walk/bike/scooter/rollerblade along the paved Waterfront Trail in Confederation Park. The starting point will be at Lakeland Pool (a registration tent will be set up) and the turnaround point will be the past the Lookout Point on the Breezeway Trail (a tent will be set up). Walkers will go to the end and back once (approximately 10 Km) and cyclists/scooters/rollerblades will go to the end and back twice (approximately 20 Km). This is a paved trail, so please remember to watch out for other people and stay on the proper side of the trail. We also encourage all family and friends to join. All students who participate will receive a freezie at the end. Participants will also receive a $10 gift card for each $100 raised.
Directions: Linc/Red Hill Expressway to Barton Street. Turn East (right) onto Barton Street. Turn North (left) onto Centennial Park Way. Go all the way to the end. Turn West (left) onto Van Wagner’s Beach Road. Follow the road around to Lakeland Pool – there is a parking lot by the pool before the go-carts.
Please note these important details:
1. A registration tent will be set up and registration will take place between 8am to 9am and volunteers will be finished at noon.
2. It is recommended to bring a water bottle.
3. Please collect all pledges from your sponsors prior to the Walk-a- thon/Bike-a-thon. Pledge sheets and sponsorship money must be handed in at the registration table before you begin your walk/bike.
4. There are restrooms on the trail.
5. Those unable to complete the full distance may walk/bike less but please inform your sponsors.
6. In the case of other commitments on that day, children may complete the 10 or 20 KM at another time before May 30.